Location of the School of Art, Architecture and Design
The School of Art, Architecture and Design is located at the City West campus, West End precinct, Adelaide, South Australia, in distinctive purpose-built spaces, including an exhibition space. The buildings were designed by architect John Wardle in partnership with Hassells.
Students have 24/7 access to studio spaces, computer pools, and the soft model shop in the Architecture and Design Workshop
- The ground floor (or Level 2) of the Kaurna Building houses the SASA Gallery, Foundation Studios for Visual Art and Visual Communication, and the Architecture Museum. The School Office is on Level 3.
- Level 4 houses the Visual Communication studios, Visual Communications Consultancy, staff offices and the research enclave for staff and postgraduate students
- Studio spaces are located on Level 5 in K5.08, K5.10, K5.11, K5.12 and K5.15.
- The Art, Architecture and Design workshops are located on the ground floor (Level 3).
- Sculpture and Installation, Glass and Ceramics staff offices and studios are located on Level 4.
- Textiles, Printmaking, Jewellery and Metal staff offices and studios are on Level 5.
- Level 6 houses the Photography and Drawing studios and staff offices.
- The Painting studios are on Levels 6 and 7, with staff offices and a roof deck located on Level 7 (top floor).
- Specialist CAD computer pools managed by the School of Art, Architecture and Design are located on Level 4 of the Barbara Hanrahan Building in BH4.08, BH4.09, BH4.18 and BH4.19
- Studio spaces are located on Level 3 and Level 5 in BH3.11, BH3.12, BH5.09 and BH5.16.
This building houses the studios of the research degree students and the Liverpool Street Gallery.
This building at 189 Hindley Street houses studio spaces on Level 1 in BE1.16 and BE1.17.
This building houses studio spaces on Level 2 in RR2.10.
Top image courtesy of John Wardle Architects