Business Intelligence (BI)
BI consists of a number of components both procedural and technical that can increase UniSA's organisational agility.
BI's focus is on meeting organisational information needs through:
- pro-active identification of information needs
- gathering and optimising data from multiple sources, both internal and external and both quantitative and qualitative
- using a central repository specifically designed for reporting and analysis (the UniSA Enterprise Data Warehouse)
- providing reliable and accessible reporting to all groups and members of staff
- analysis and analytic tools to understand what the data is showing
- features for end users to manipulate this information to meet their needs
- modelling to predict future trends
- utilising and influencing information management practices such as data quality.
The BI Hub is the gateway to UniSA's BI assets including data, reports, information, tools, analysis and training and support resources.