Planning and Analysis
The University of South Australia's
Planning, Review and Accountability Framework outlines the
principles and key elements that guide planning, review, performance
measurement, quality assurance and improvement at UniSA.
Business Intelligence and Planning is responsible for review and planning this includes:
- scanning the changing external environment to identify opportunities and threats
- evaluating and reflecting on performance in key areas, with the aim of continuous improvement and innovation
- establishing priorities as a focus for activity across the University
- aligning our resources - people, services, finance and infrastructure - to our priorities
- coordinating the University's responses to TEQSA
- supporting UniSA program quality assurance (A35A) (staff only)
- providing input into Government discussion papers and reporting.
Corporate Performance Reports
Corporate Performance Report (staff only)
BIP's role in analysis and evaluation includes:
- analysis of international university rankings
- statistical analysis of admissions data including competitor analysis
- providing advice and recommendations to inform the University's competitive position
- data analysis and institutional research to support the University's evaluation framework
- providing advice on survey instrumentation and administration
- providing access to UniSA and national evaluation data
- conducting corporate surveys, including:
- the Student Experience Survey
- the Graduate Outcomes Survey (GOS), and information on graduate satisfaction
- the Transnational Graduate Survey, which is the offshore equivalent of the GOS
- the Graduate Outcomes Survey - Longitudinal, carried out by the Social Research Centre, which captures graduate outcomes three years after completion. Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) privacy information is available here
- the International Student Barometer (I-Barometer), administered to international students.
For more information about university-wide surveys and a calendar of evaluation activities, visit the Evaluations Hub (staff only).