The principal role of the Chancellor's office is to support the transmission of information to and from the Chancellor of the University and to manage the governing body of the University.
The current Chancellor of the University of South Australia is Dr Ian Gould. The Chancellor is the honorary, titular head of the institution and the presiding officer of the University Council.
The Director: Council Services and Chancellery is Dr Penny Moore. She is responsible for the day-to-day management of Chancellery and the provision of administrative support to the University's most senior governing bodies and sub-committees. These include the:
- University Council
- Finance Committee
- Academic Board
- Senior Remuneration Committee
- Immediate Business Committee
- Senior Academic Promotions Committee
- Foundation Committee
- Governance and Legislation Committee
- Audit and Risk Management Committee, and the
- Student Appeals Committee.
The Director: Council Services and Chancellery also provides administrative support for, and facilitates communication with the Chancellor.
Services provided to staff include the:
- provision of advice on legal compliance and corporate governance issues
- provision of advice on University statutes, by-laws and policy
- effective coordination of policy development
- coordination of provision of general legal advice.
The Chancellor is also supported by:
- Senior Administrative Officer: Joanne Gatsios
- Executive Officer: Peter Cardwell
- Chancellery Communications Officer: Initial contacts to Mr Andrew Ramsey
- Projects & Events Officer: Cindy McKee