The principal role of the Chancellor's office is to support the transmission of information to and from the Chancellor of the University and to manage the governing body of the University.
The current Chancellor of the University of South Australia is Dr Ian Gould. The Chancellor is the honorary, titular head of the institution and the presiding officer of the University Council.
He is supported by
- Director: Council Services and Chancellery Dr Penny Moore.
- Senior Administrative Officer: Joanne Gatsios
- Executive Officer: Peter Cardwell
- Chancellery Communications Officer Susan Lamont
- Projects & Events Officer: Juliet Mazzone