Precedent contracts are provided by the Solicitors to facilitate the most common legal relations entered into by the University. There is no one precedent document for every situation. It is therefore important that you consider and use the appropriate precedent/legal documentation for the situation.
If the precedent contains a description of its use, you may use it in accordance with the instructions without further review by UniSA Legal. Please note the cover notes of these precedent contracts refer to Research Legal, in such cases please refer to UniSA Legal
Consult UniSA Legal if:
- the precedent is marked 'Please consult a Solicitor'
- you are uncertain about the use of a precedent
- a precedent does not cover your situation.
Please note: all contracts must be signed in accordance with the Vice-Chancellor's Authorisations (staff access only).
- Provision of University services to a client
- Research projects
- Confidentiality agreements
- Student related agreements
- Visitor agreements
- Engaging contractors
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Consultancy Agreement (detailed) (PDF file 224kb, staff access only)
- Standard Terms - Testing (PDF
file 15kb, staff access only)
These are projects which may generate valuable intellectual property. You must discuss any such potential intellectual property with your Business Development Manager or UniSA Ventures Pty Ltd prior to entering into the agreement.
- Commercial Research Agreement (pdf, 304 kb - staff access only)
- Collaborative Research Agreement Template (Word template, staff access only)
Confidential Disclosure Agreements are used where a party wishes to disclose information but wishes the recipient party to keep that information confidential. Note that obligations of confidence may arise even where a written contract is not established. However for certainty and documentary purposes it is best to have a written agreement in place.
- One way (PDF file 224kb, staff access only)
- Mutual disclosure (PDF file 78kb, staff access only)
- Thesis Examiner (PDF file 37kb, staff access only)
- Participant in project (PDF file 48kb, staff access only)
- Paper Confidentiality Cover Note (PDF file 10kb, staff access only)
(PDF file 54kb, staff access only)
Higher degree by research (HDR) students
- HDR Student Participation/ Intellectual Property Agreement cover sheet (RTF file, staff access only)
- HDR Student Project Participation Agreement (RTF file, staff access only)
Other UniSA students
- Student Project Participation/Intellectual Property Agreement (PDF file 59kb, staff access only) - prior to student involvement in project
- Student Intellectual Property Assignment Agreement (PDF file 18kb, staff access only) - student has already created IP but wishes to assign to University for commercialisation or other purposes
- Student Non-Exclusive Copyright Licence to University (PDF file 45kb, staff access only)
- Student Placement Agreement
(PDF file 28kb, staff access only)
- where an industry partner wishes to fund a scholarship
- UniSA Visitor Agreement (PDF file 298kb, staff access only)
The University contracts external service providers to provide services to it. If the service provider is an individual rather than a corporation, then consideration must be given as to whether the service provider is a contractor or employee - please see the independent contractor checklist embedded in the Contractor Services Agreement document below.
- Contractor Services Agreement templates (RTF file) links to contract templates for companies, contractors with ABNs, overseas individuals, and individuals (staff access only)
Memorandums of Understanding are generally used as a statement of intent to facilitate legal relations between the University and third parties. Memorandums of Understanding may be legally binding or non-legally binding. In each instance the advice of the Solicitors should be sought. An example of a non-legally binding Memorandum of Understanding is provided below.
- Memorandum of Understanding (PDF file 18kb, staff access only)
Page transferred from Research and Innovation Services