Disability Service equipment may be loaned on the basis of disability related requirements to support students. Equipment is usually loaned for on campus use and does not include equipment for a home office. The University has a Disability Equipment Grant available to currently enrolled students.
The Disability Service has a variety of equipment available, including:
- Portable FM system for hearing impaired students
- CCTV for vision impaired students
- Electronic Spellcheckers
- Digital notetaker recorders
- Ergonomic back and arm supports for computer or class room use
- Laptop computers (available for use on campus only)
- Electronic stethoscopes
- Electronic wheelchairs
Where necessary the service will purchase new equipment to meet the disability related access requirements of individual students. Contact the Disability Service to discuss your equipment requirements.