Do you want to be an effective leader in all areas of life? Do you want to broaden your horizons?
Experience Leadership is a flagship initiative under the Experience Plus banner which aims to uphold the University of South Australia's ambition to produce leaders of the future that contribute to a cohesive, sustainable society. Experience Leadership will help students to:
- Develop a knowledge of their character strengths and understand how to use these strengths for study, work and in life;
- Manage uncertainty in a rapidly changing environment;
- Contribute to improved team performance, empowering others and taking the lead in creating a positive environment;
- Persist through challenges and maintain motivation in difficult times;
- Relate effectively with a diverse range of individuals;
- Develop outstanding employability attributes including presentation skills and effective communication techniques, problem solving and critical thinking, and emotional intelligence.
The program will commence in May 2013 and conclude in December 2013 with a Completion Ceremony. During this time Experience Leadership students will participate in a range of leadership and personal development activities, attend leadership focussed presentations and workshops with successful leaders from the community and learn to work collaboratively in group situations.
Quotes from 2012 Experience Leadership Alumni
"It has been an exciting journey of self-realization and self-understanding of my strengths and weaknesses especially working in a team work environment" Dianne (4th Year Education student)
"The Experience Leadership program is an asset to my degree. I can understand how groups work, differing skill sets and how to diffuse tension in a group situation" Scott (3rd Year Design student)
The selection process will ensure equitable representation from across all Divisions of UniSA. Students in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year (incl. honours) will be eligible to apply. Positions will also be made available for students from UniSA College and Centre for Regional Engagement (Whyalla and Mt Gambier). In addition to this, students of indigenous heritage and students with a disability are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience Leadership applications open on Monday 18th March and close Friday 5th April. (Applications have now closed for 2013)
- Please read the Student Information Pack (PDF 525Kb) before applying
For more information contact Student Experience team on (08) 8302 0533 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.