Eligibility for HECS-HELP
You are eligible for HECS-HELP if you:
- are enrolled in a course of study as a Commonwealth supported student; and
- Meet the citizenship and residency requirements. That is, you must be:
- an Australian citizen, or
- the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the course
You must also:
- complete your online Commonwealth Assistance Form (CAF) for the program on or before the census date through myEnrolment
- supply your tax file number (TFN) if you intend to obtain a HECS-HELP loan, or
- make full up front payment where you will receive 10% discount. The Australian Government will pay the remaining 10% - this is your HECS-HELP discount
Please note: From 1 January 2012, the Australian Government has lowered the HECS-HELP discount, applied to up-front student contribution payments of $500 or more, from 20 per cent to 10 per cent.
Please note: We are required by the Australian Government to cancel enrolments of any student who fails to comply with the above by Census Date.
If you are not eligible for HECS-HELP please refer to the Information for Permanent Residents and New Zealand citizens.