Places on this page:
The University has partnered with International SOS to offer our staff and students medical, safety and security advice, referrals, emotional support and routine & emergency assistance when travelling or living abroad.
Click here for more details on services provided.
International SOS can be contacted from anywhere in the world
(24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Download the Assistance App:
|The mobile app provides immediate access to the assistance centre where medical, security or logistical experts are on hand to provide routine advice or support in an emergency. You will find up-to-date advice and real-time alerts for the locations you are travelling to.|
Call or go online:
+61 2 9372 2468 (you can contact the local
operator and request a reverse-charge call)
The following people are covered by the University's travel insurance while travelling on behalf of the University anywhere in the world:
- Spouse and up to 2 children of Senior Staff.
- Students undertaking study related travel (i.e. placement, study tour, exchange).
- Research students.
- Non-employees for whom the University arranges and in most cases funds travel.
You must contact the Insurance Office if:
- your trip exceeds 180 days;
- you are a staff member whose personal travel exceeds 50% of your trip;
- you are a student or non-employee who has any personal travel in conjunction with your UniSA travel;
- you are over 75 years of age; and/or
- you have an existing medical condition which could require treatment or medication while travelling.
- Staff - Travel Insurance flyer (PDF 42 kb - download Adobe Acrobat)
- Student - Travel Insurance flyer (PDF 42 kb - download Adobe Acrobat)
- FAQs on Travel Insurance
Non urgent enquiries can be directed to the Insurance Office + 61 8 8302 1678
- Cards can be ordered by emailing the University Travel Team.
- Mainland China Emergency Cards are also available.
- These cards are provided for convenience only and are in no way required to be carried to validate insurance coverage.
- Chubb Insurance offers
UniSA staff and
students discounted travel insurance for personal travel. If you
would like a quote please follow the link.
This link provides access to Chubb Insurance website. From there you can obtain a quote and proceed to purchase personal travel insurance from Chubb Insurance (Australia) Ltd.
Once you click on this link you will leave the UniSA website. The website you will enter is run by Chubb Insurance. The insurance product is provided by Chubb Insurance. The sale of this product is by Chubb Insurance Ltd and not UniSA.
UniSA does not provide advice or recommendations for your selection of insurance cover for personal travel. UniSA does not endorse the services provided by Chubb Insurance, or receive remuneration or benefits for making this product available to our staff.
UniSA takes no responsibility for personal non-business-related-travel or insurance.
All before and after sales service and enquires for personal travel insurance must be directed to Chubb Insurance using the contact details on their website.
This product is not specifically designed or targeted for your needs as a member of UniSA.
UniSA does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or currency of information on Chubb's website. UniSA does not guarantee the availability or accessibility to the website nor that the website will be free of defects, viruses or errors.