Kerry Packer Civic Gallery - booking conditions
Use of the Gallery is by approved entities and is always at the
discretion of the Director. The Kerry Packer Civic Gallery is NOT available for external conference bookings
lasting several days. Any
conference events planned for this space MUST have a UniSA partner who takes
responsibility for on-site liaison. If you have any queries, please contact Louise
Carnell on 08 8302 0371 or
The Gallery is provided courtesy of the Hawke Centre for events and exhibitions that link the University to the wider community, and for groups whose not-for-profit work directly benefits the community at large. We are pleased that you have identified it as suitable for your purpose and we hope you will enjoy this beautiful, stylish, endowed space which has been developed, and is maintained by the Hawke Centre for worthy uses, and the enjoyment of a wide group of visitors.
- Capacity: up to 250 people stand-up
- Type of event: cocktail receptions, book launches etc - dependent on current exhibition (unable to accommodate large conference catering due to the size and available space for serving points)
- NOT designed to have sit-down lecture/seminar style events. If your event has a sit-down component with more than incidental seating, you will need to find an alternative venue.
- Acknowledgement required: A key condition of use is that the Hawke Centre's support of your activity in making this space available is clearly acknowledged - in printed and e-material about your event or exhibition, in any commercial advertising, and in the spoken acknowledgements made when hosting functions in the area.
Event acknowledgements must include the following statement: We acknowledge the support of the Hawke Centre in making the Kerry Packer Civic Gallery available for our function/event/launch.
- Any displays (tables/pin board etc) or catering tables associated with functions held in the Civic Gallery MUST NOT obstruct the exhibition on show at the time of your function.
- A floorplan must be forwarded to the Hawke Centre if tables or pin boards etc are required to be positioned outside the 'floor quote' section of the Gallery.
Exhibition displays will vary in size and format. Generally they will take up the northern section of the Gallery, but in some cases will extend the full length of the Gallery.
Audiovisual equipment available
Depending on the requirements of the exhibition on show in the Gallery, you may be able to use the data projector or plasma screens for function visuals. Please check prior to booking the space.
Visual presentations must be forwarded to email@example.com at least 5 working days prior to your event. All presentations should be designed as a continuously loop with powerpoint slides created in a .ppt format. Laptop control, for manual slide advancing (projector only), and any microphone/sound requirements must be arranged via IT Help.
Limited fonts are available through the panels - refer to the attached Digital Signage Content for details. We cannot guarantee your presentation will be suitable for the screens in the Gallery and therefore sufficient notice is required for testing. Videos may be shown, and must be in a .wmv format and less than 100MB size.
- No catering supplies are available in the Gallery. Please ensure ALL equipment and supplies are collected immediately after your event or by 9am the following morning - AT THE LATEST.
- Any left-over food and drink must be removed or disposed of immediately after your event.
- If catering is provided for an all-day or multi-day event, please ensure all dirty crockery and remains of catering etc are removed immediately after the appropriate break.
Please ensure organisers/presenters are made aware of the emergency evacuation procedures for the Hawke Building. On hearing the fire alarm the building must be evacuated immediately via the fire exits on level 3. These are located via the Samstag Museum or through the Allan Scott Auditorium. DO NOT use the lifts or central stairway in an emergency evacuation.
Access and security
- Security will be advised of your room booking times and will ensure doors are unlocked for the time of your booking - please contact them if you have any issues with access at your function. There are a number of security phones located in the building.
- Please note: User groups must ensure that the room/s and facilities used are left in a clean and tidy state at the conclusion of the function. Failure to do so will result in additional cleaning costs.
The University is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for staff, students, and visitors, and as such activities or functions held on campus will be undertaken in compliance with the University's By-laws and Occupational Health Safety and Welfare procedures.