Clinical Placement Unit
Welcome to the Clinical Placement Unit website for the Division of Health Sciences.
Professional, clinical and field placements in metropolitan and rural areas are a core element of many of the programs offered within the Division of Health Sciences. The learning from your placements will give you a wide range of experience to take with you into your chosen profession.
For more information on the role of the CPU, click here
Information for industry partners can be found here
Key requirements prior to undertaking placement:
- Criminal History Clearance
- Senior First Aid and annual CPR updates
- Orientation and Induction (Nursing and Midwifery only)
Students who do not complete these pre-placement requirements WILL NOT be allowed to proceed with their placement. This will mean that progressing through your program may be delayed
Information for students
- What are my responsibilities?
- How do I get a placement?
- When are my placements scheduled?
- Can my placement dates change?
- What are my requirements prior to placement?
- How do I submit my completed documents?
- What are my requirements when on placement?
- What do I wear when on placement?
- How can I change my placement assessment requirements?
- Will I be required to undertake a rural placement?
- Where can I find assistance with 'myPlacement'?
- Where can I find my Clinical Grid?
- Where can I find the relevant forms and documents?
- What if I'm a Student with a Disability?
- What if I'm an interstate student?
- Are any Scholarships available?
- Who do I contact about my placement?
Clinical Placement Policy
Students are strongly advised to read the following:
- Clinical Placement Policy (PDF 311KB) New - clauses under 3. amended 4 February 2013
- Information for students in programs requiring clinical placement (PDF 325KB)