Clinical Placement Unit
Welcome to the Clinical Placement Unit website for the Division of Health Sciences.
Professional, clinical and field placements in metropolitan and rural areas are a core element of many of the programs offered within the Division of Health Sciences. The learning from your placements will give you a wide range of experience to take with you into your chosen profession.
For more information on the role of the CPU, click here
Information for industry partners can be found here
Key requirements prior to undertaking placement:
- Criminal History Clearance
- Provide First Aid and annual CPR updates
- Passport to Placement Information and documents
Students who do not complete these pre-placement requirements WILL NOT be allowed to proceed with their placement. This will mean that progressing through your program may be delayed
Information for students
- What are my responsibilities?
- How do I get a placement?
- When are my placements scheduled?
- Can my placement dates change?
- What are my requirements prior to placement?
- How do I submit my completed documents?
- What are my requirements when on placement?
- What do I wear when on placement?
- How can I change my placement assessment requirements?
- Will I be required to undertake a rural placement?
- Where can I find assistance with 'myPlacement'?
- Where can I find my Clinical Grid?
- Where can I find the relevant forms and documents?
- What if I'm a Student with a Disability?
- What if I'm an interstate student?
- Are any Scholarships available?
- Who do I contact about my placement?
The below package of documents is designed to be inserted into your Passport to Placement folder. The Passport will help you manage the documentation required before you can undertake placement.
In this package you will find:
- Student Checklist - This lists the items
you are required to complete prior to placement. Brief
instructions and links are included on the checklist.
Keep copies of all the Checklist items in your Passport and make sure you take your completed Passport to each of your placements so that placement venues can view them. Failure to do so will result in you being unable to commence your placement. It is recommended that you also keep an electronic copy of all these documents.
- Work Health and Safety Checklist - Complete this prior to commencing each placement and provide it to the placement venue for them to complete Part B.
Division of Health Sciences Clinical Placement Policy -
Please note this policy includes important information on
pre-placement compulsory conditions, and the consequences of not
meeting these conditions.
Clinical Placement Policy
Students are strongly advised to read the following:
- Clinical Placement Policy ( (PDF 342KB) - revised September 2013
- Information for students in programs requiring clinical placement (PDF 325KB)