In the Community service section of your staff home page you can provide an outline of your involvement in community service. For an explanation of what constitutes community service see Definition of community service. Recording your community service on your staff home page is important as the University collects this information for government reporting.
To add or change text in the Community service section:
- Go to your staff home page as shown below (if you aren't sure how to find it see Find your staff home page).
- Click Change at the bottom of the page, as shown by the arrow in the image above.
The log on window will open.
- Enter your user name and password.
- Click OK.
The Change information page will open.
Scroll down the Change information page to the Community service section.
- Click the Change button to the left of the Community service heading as shown by the arrow in the image above.
The Change Community service for ... page will open.
Enter the organisation name and, if appropriate, the particular section of the organisation in which you provided community service.
Select the type of organisation from the Type of Organisation drop down list.
Enter the organisation's Web site URL.
Select your role in the organisation, or type it in if not in the list.
Enter the Year from and Year to.
If you do not want this community service appearing on your staff home (but are happy to enter the information here to add to the University's community service government report) tick the Confidential flag box.
Add any other relevant Comments.
Click Save, and Return.
Note: If you want to format text (ie use bold or italic) or format blocks of text (indent paragraphs, add paragraph breaks between text) you will need to use HTML coding. See Format text for more information. See Insert hyperlink if you wish to add a hyperlink.
The Change information page will open showing the newly added community service information.
The Community Service information you have added has been saved so you can now add information to the other sections of your staff home page (see Add or change information).
If you have finished making changes to your staff home page:
- Close the browser window.
- Click return to homepage at the top of the screen to view your newly changed staff home page.