Performance Development and Management
Performance management recognises that the effective operation of the University depends on the knowledge, skills and performance of its staff. It is about working in a way that will enable continuous performance improvement in line with the University’s direction, and will at the same time increase staff innovation and job satisfaction.
The following links contain information to assist staff and managers to achieve an effective performance management process.
- Performance Development and Management Framework - (pdf 7.76mb) - Please note - the interactive PDM Framework resource performs optimally when viewed using the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Quick link to templates
- Self-Reflection for Academic (word 462kb)
- Self-Reflection (word 454kb)
- Summary of Conversation PDM plan Academic Staff (word 491kb)
- Summary of Conversation PDM plan (word 474kb)
- Stage 1: Summary of Lifting Performance Conversation (Action Plan) (word 591kb)
- Stage 2: Summary of Managing for Performance Improvement Conversation (Performance Improvement Plan – PIP) (word 351kb)
- Performance Development and Management Summary (pdf 294kb)
Let's Talk - People Management Video Series
- Fostering Academic Excellence
- Performance Development and Management Conversations, and
- Supporting Senior Academics (Senior Academic staff focus C-D)
The following resources have been produced to assist local managers, program directors, Heads of School go about planning and leading a range of people management conversations. This first series cover performance development and management conversations with Academic staff.
For further information about UniSA PDM
Framework contact your local Human Resources
In line with the University’s Performance Management Policy and Collective Agreement, Performance Development and Management (PDM) training is compulsory for all supervisors responsible for conducting performance management. Nominated supervisors, yet to undertake training, will be contacted directly with further details.