News and Events
The Learning and Teaching Unit offers specialised services for international students. International Student Officers (ISOs) can assist you with your transition to the University of South Australia and provide information and advice about:
- On arrival transport to your accommodation
- Life in Adelaide and studying at UniSA
- 'Welcome Week' and your orientation to UniSA
- Your work rights in Australia
- Other University support services, including Learning advice, Careers and Counselling
- Community and government services
- Support for spouses, partners and families
- Academic policies and procedures
International Student Officers also:
- Participate in graduation ceremonies and meet your families and friends
- Assist you with your going-home preparations and transition back to your home culture
- Maintain web resources with useful information about living and studying in Adelaide
- Provide information and advice about visa requirements
- Provide information and advice about Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Provide referral to other useful resources and services
What we don't do...
- Answer questions about Permanent Residency (PR)
- Provide documentation for your PR application
- Provide completion letters and personal references
- Answer questions specific to your academic course or program
- Provide legal advice or advocacy
For International students studying a University of South Australia program in your own country, contact your local administration office for teaching and learning support.
If you would like to meet with an International Student Officer about any matters related to your life in Adelaide or study at UniSA please let the reception staff know at the Learning and Teaching Unit on your campus. You can make an appointment to see an ISO on any metropolitan campus.
Please use the links on the left to access detailed information about our services.
"Thank you so much for everything you have done for me as an international student. I really appreciate your kind support."
(UniSA student, Nicholas, Sri Lanka)