Printing, scanning and photocopying
- Printing, scanning and copying facilities and how to use them
- Printing allowance
- Page charges
- Tips to reduce your printing costs
Students have access to a range of printing, scanning and photocopying services on campus which can be accessed via their Printing Allowance which provides the following facilities:
In non-Library computer pools and barns
- printing direct to a nearby black and white printer
In UniSA campus libraries - Print/Tap/Collect using your ID card:
- printing (colour and black and white)
- collect document from any Library printer using your ID card
- photocopying (colour and black and white)
- scanning to email or USB
- wireless printing from your mobile device
For more information on the new facilities in the Library go to Student Printing
The Printing allowance provides you with an initial amount of University-funded printing or photocopying. Your allowance is associated with your computer network account and the cost of your printing is automatically deducted from your allowance as you print. You can, if you wish, purchase additional printing, increasing the balance of your printing allowance. You will be unable to print or photocopy if your balance is too low.
The Print allowance is for the current year finishing in mid to late December. Note that Study Period 7 continues into the following year so its associated printing allowance amounts are re-applied in early January.
Your Printing allowance provides access to
- Monochrome (black/white) laser printing in all General purpose computing pools and Computer barns (listed at UniSA student computer pools) and in some of the school-based Special purpose pools. A4 (plus A3 in some locations).
- Colour and monochrome printing, photocopying and scanning in UniSA campus libraries
- A4 and A3 colour laser printing provided in Special purpose pools by the School of Art, Architecture and Design
More detailed information is available at UniSA student printing allowance.
The following page charges (per printed side) apply for standard printing and photocopying.
|Monochrome or colour||Paper size||Single or double sided printing||Cents per printed side|
- All printers provide A4 monochrome printing
- Most printers provide double side printing
- Some printers provide A3
- Colour printing is available on the Library MFDs plus special purpose computer pools in a few schools
- There is no charge for scanning
- Photocopying to transparencies (40c black and white, 80c colour) is available only in City West Library (Level 4)
- Only print colour when you need to.
- Print double-sided.
- Print PowerPoint slides 3 or 6 slides to a page, black and white only with no backgrounds to speed up printing and save your printing allowance.
- Don't print draft copies of your document for every minor revision.
- Before printing check print preview to find out how many pages will be printed.
- Only print the pages you need.
- If your print job does not print don't re-send it without first
checking the print queue from your PC
- There may be many other jobs ahead of yours or the printer may have run out of paper
- If you keep re-sending your document multiple copies will be printed later and deducted from your Printing balance
- You can delete your own print jobs from the queue to prevent this.
- If you can not wait for your print job to appear delete it from the print queue before you log off to avoid it being printed and deducted from your printing allowance.
- Protect your access to your IT facilities
(including your printing allowances) by:
- remembering to log off when you have finished using a computer
- locking your session with the security screen saver if you have to leave the computer, even temporarily
- protecting your password.