Remote Access to UniSA Email
What Is Remote Email Access?
Remote email access is the ability to access the university email system from a remote location outside of the university.
This location may be from your own home, an Internet cafe, or any other location in the world with an Internet connection using a properly configured web browser.
Obtaining Remote Access
- Obtain an Internet Service Provider (ISP) Internet Account. You are responsible for obtaining your own Internet Service Provider (ISP) account.
The University does not have a preferred ISP. Users are advised to compare the offerings of various ISPs (the Australian ISP List), and consider price, time and download limits, and service. Note that some UniSA systems ("the Intranet") prevent access from outside the University, and no ISP can provide access to these systems.
- Obtain The Correct Web Browser. We recommend Netscape Navigator, version 4.08 or later, or Microsoft Internet Explorer, version 4.01 SP2 or later.These browser can be downloaded from the ISTS Software website.
- Read The Student Email Guide Written primarily for students, the Student Email Guide provides valuable information for anyone who needs to access their UniSA Exchange email via a web browser. If you did not pick up a copy during the registration week, you may pick one up from any USASA office on any campus, or read it online.
- Logon Assistance If you have difficulty logging on, from the Logon On page, click on Click here for help with logging on for a complete and simple description.
- Further Information If you are seeking addition information, from the Logon On page, click on Click here for further information for additional resources.
- Still Confused? Call IT Help Desk during business hours - Monday-Friday from 8:30am until 6:00pm. External callers may call 8302-5000. Internal university callers, dial 2-5000.
Specifically, look for Section Two - Email Logon.