IT Help Desk
The IT Help Desk is your single point of contact for assistance with IT and telephone services. Self help facilities are available which may assist you in answering your query or solving your problem. Otherwise our friendly IT Help Desk staff will assist you and if necessary refer your request to the appropriate expert.
Christmas/New Year period hours of operation
- 23rd December - Closed at 6.00pm
- 24th December - Open from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- 25th December to 26th December 2013 - Closed
- 27th December 2013 - Open from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- 28th December to 29th December 2013 - Closed
- 30th December to 31st December 2013 - Open from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- 1st January 2013 - Closed
- 2nd January 2013 - Normal hours of operation
Self help facilities
- AskIT to find an answer to your problem
- View the Service Status pages for system outages and downtimes
Contacting the IT Helpdesk
- Log a service call on line. This is the preferred method of creating a service call. You can also track the progress of your existing service calls with this facility.
- Email the IT Help Desk. This is a useful way to follow up your service calls.
- Phone the IT Help Desk, recommended for urgent assistance.
Local: 8302 5000
Interstate and country: 1300 558 654 for the cost of a local call
International: (+61 8) 8302 5000 (we can call you back to reduce your phone bill).
Skype: unisa.ithelpdesk (please email first to arrange a time)
- You can fax application forms to 8302 5012 or mail them to:
IT Help Desk
E Building, Mawson Lakes Campus
University of South Australia Mawson Lakes, SA 5095
The IT Helpdesk operates between the following hours:
- Monday-Friday 8:00am – 9:00pm
- Saturday-Sunday 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Currently in Adelaide the time is
Outside of normal operating hours you can phone and leave a voicemail message which will be processed first thing in the morning.
Reporting a major IT systems fault after hours
Phone the After Hours On-Call support service
- Local: 8302 1000
- International: (+61 8) 8302 1000
Messages left on this service are monitored 7am to 8am and 9pm to 10pm on weekdays, 9am to 1pm on weekends and 9am to 6pm on public holidays.
The telephones services web page provides further information about the UniSA telephone systems such as directory assistance, telephone manuals and the minor works request form.