How do I change my staff password?
* Please read What to check before I change my password? *
There are a few things to consider when you change your password - it is changed for all of the following services:
- Exchange email
- UniSAinfo for staff
- Other specialised services (such as Oracle databases)
Passwords for staff need to meet the following criteria:
- If Active Directory account password has been reset please synchronise password prior to changing your password. Synchronise can be located on the same page as the change password tool.
- New passwords will be converted to lowercase.
- Passwords must start with a letter, use only letters or digits and be between 7 to 30 characters in length
- The password cannot contain your username.
- Please wait for 15 minutes before using your new password as it may take this long for the change to be made to all of the relevant University servers.
- If you have problems or questions regarding passwords, the IT Help Desk General FAQ will help.
The best way to change your password is to visit Change password from anywhere, inside or outside the UniSA network.
Your password can also be changed via the Staff portal:
- Log into the staff portal, then select 'Services' and
'Change your password' under the IT Assistance heading in the
drop down menu.
- Enter your old password, then your new password twice, in
the relevant fields, then click 'Change my password':