MATLAB for Students
|> Quick Access Guide||> Overview||> Availability|
|> Products covered||> License Conditions||> Create MathWorks Account|
|> Installation||> Renewal||> Training|
|> Further Assistance|
Download and install
on your device
The University has a Total Academic Headcount (TAH) license for MATLAB, Simulink, and add-on products. Schools, researchers, and students may use these products for teaching, research, and learning. The license allows individuals to install the products on university-owned equipment, as well as personally owned computers.
Matlab is available to all currently enrolled UniSA students.
MathWorks products covered under the TAH Agreement are:
4. Bioinformatics Toolbox
5. Control System Toolbox
6. Curve Fitting Toolbox
7. Data Acquisition Toolbox
8. DSP System Toolbox
9. Image Processing Toolbox
10. Instrument Control Toolbox
11. Optimization Toolbox
12. Parallel Computing Toolbox
13. Signal Processing Toolbox
16. Simulink Control Design
17. Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox
18. Symbolic Math Toolbox
19. Aerospace Blockset
20. Aerospace Toolbox
21. Communications System Toolbox
22. Computer Vision System Toolbox
23. Database Toolbox
24. Datafeed Toolbox
25. Econometrics Toolbox
|26. Financial Instruments
27. Financial Toolbox
28. Fixed-Point Designer
29. Fuzzy Logic Toolbox
30. Global Optimization Toolbox
31. HDL Coder
32. HDL Verifier
33. Image Acquisition Toolbox
34. MATLAB Coder
35. MATLAB Compiler
36. MATLAB Compiler SDK
37. Model Predictive Control Toolbox
38. Model-Based Calibration Toolbox
39. Neural Network Toolbox
40. MATLAB Report Generator
41. Partial Differential Equation Toolbox
42. RF Toolbox
43. Robust Control Toolbox
46. Simulink 3D Animation
47. Simulink Coder
48. Spreadsheet Link EX
49. System Identification Toolbox
50. Wavelet Toolbox
51. 32-worker MATLAB Distributing Computing Server
The MATLAB Enabled Campus - Anytime, Anywhere Access for Everyone
• Available to all Schools, researchers, and students everywhere: at home and classroom, in lab and field research, and while travelling for academic and educational use.
• Covers all on-campus computing facilities, labs, classrooms, and research centres, as well as all school-owned and student-owned personal computers.
• Access MATLAB on iOS/Android devices (MATLAB Mobile) and web browser ( (MATLAB Online).
• Free 2-hour MATLAB Onramp online training via MATLAB Academy.
• Users are covered by MathWorks technical and installation support.
• Download free hardware support packages for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Lego, and more.
• Access to Cody Coursework for auto-grading MATLAB programming assignments. (For Academics)
To access the full range of MATLAB services you must associate your MathWorks Account with the University TAH License key
|1. Create a MathWorks Account
using your University email
2. Go to the License Center: http://mathworks.com/licensecenter
3. Click Add License in the upper right hand corner.
4. Choose Associate by Activation Key and click Continue.
5. When prompted to do so, enter the Student Activation Key: 17454-79149-49124-83704-26818
You will now be able to access resources like:
• MATLAB through web browser MATLAB Online
• MATLAB on iOS/Android devices MATLAB Mobile
• MATLAB cloud file storage on MATLAB Drive
• Free 2-hour MATLAB Onramp online training via MATLAB Academy
Self-Service to obtain MATLAB Standalone Licensebr>
Download the Installer
1. Create and Register your MathWorks Account (see above)
2. Go to: http://mathworks.com/downloads/web_downloads/select_release
3. Click the download button for the current release.
4. Click the installer button to download the installer.
Install and Activate
1. Locate the installer you downloaded in a file browser. It should be located in the default download location, unless you specified another location.
The name of the installer file is:
• Windows: matlab_
• Mac OS X: matlab_
2. Start the installer:
• Windows: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. The Windows Self-Extractor runs, and then the installer starts.
• Mac OS X: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. This action extracts the files and creates another folder called matlab_
3. In the MathWorks installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
4. When prompted to do so, select the license you want to use.
5. Select the products you want to download and install.
6. After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
7. When asked to provide a user name, verify that the displayed user name is correct. Continue with the process until activation is complete.
UniSA Total Academic Headcount (TAH) license is an annual license that should renewed annually in December or January to keep using the MATLAB software.
If you are using a UniSA managed computer with network license for MATLAB, your license will be updated for you automatically.
If you are using MATLAB on personally owned computer or have installed it using the standalone license key, you will need to update your license file each year using one of the following methods:
Update Current License
1. Open MATLAB
2. Click Help > Licensing > Update Current Licenses
3. In the Licenses window that appears. Click the 'Update' button to contact MathWorks to renew your license
4. Restart MATLAB
Re-Activate License after it has
1. You will be prompted to activate MATLAB when you launch the program
2. Select 'Activate automatically using the Internet (recommended)' and click Next
3. Select 'Log in to my MathWorks Account' with your credentials and click Next
4. Select the Total Academic Headcount license, confirm the activation information and click Finish to complete activation process
5. Restart MATLAB
Full Access to MATLAB Academic Online Training
University of South Australia is sponsoring the self-paced training courses for all staff and students. To gain access to these courses, please enrol using the link below:
MATLAB Fundamentals Academic Tutorial
“The MATLAB Fundamentals academic tutorial teaches students the basic skills required to become successful MATLAB users and complete homework assignments. Lessons and quizzes are short, and students can view and return to them whenever they like."
Matlab training videos are also available to access using Lynda.com.
If you require further information or assistance please refer to Software, Apps, Licensing and Standard Operating Environment FAQs or contact the IT Help Desk