IT and building
Building Services covers all matters pertaining to the management and use of
Ian Wark Research Institute IT facilities and the space occupied by The Wark
in any UniSA building. Additionally, occupational health and safety matters
are also covered along with management of The Wark store and workshop
facilities (although both of these are operated on a day to day basis by
individual managers). The current Facilities & Information Systems Manager is Craig Hackney.
The IT related issues covered include:
- Acquisition, maintenance and upgrading of all computers within The Wark
- Administration of The Wark print and file server
- Advise and instruct staff and students in the use of their PC and software packages
- Coordinate all communications acquisitions, servicing and installations
- Coordinate acquisition of The Wark document handling systems (printers, copiers, faxes, etc.)
All questions, requests for assistance, purchase requests etc. should be
sent via the IT Helpdesk.
Occupational Health and Safety
All issues regarding Occupational Health & Safety are covered including:
- Chair the Ian Wark Research Institute Safety Committee
- Ensure that The Wark meets all of its obligations under the OHS&W Act and Regulations in addition to all UniSA policies and procedures
For matters relating to OH&S, staff and students are encouraged to
discuss them with Mr Philip Moore
in the first instance.
Building management revolves around the following:
- Maintain buildings at high operational levels
- Schedule and oversee maintenance and/or repair work
- Manage building renovations/alterations including design, costing and oversight of work
- Ensure security is at a level appropriate to protect staff, students and facilities
- Jointly coordinate space allocation within the 4 buildings where Wark staff/students occupy space
Detailed guidelines for space allocation (PDF 293kb) are available.