Jump to Content

HR services

madelene pierce and sandra rayMadelene Pierce is responsible for the provision of HR services within the Ian Wark Research Institute.

Advertising/interviewing for new positions
For a complete overview, please refer to the Human Resources recruitment and employment web page. 

Induction program
In accordance with UniSA policy, all new staff must complete an induction program with both The Wark and UniSA.  All new staff are required to complete The Wark on-line induction and the UniSA induction website orientation. There are also a number of on-line OHSW&IM training modules which must be completed.  A list of which modules you must complete will be forwarded to you by the HR Officer upon commencement.

If you require additional information on induction, please:
- speak to your supervisor
- contact Madelene Pierce  
- visit the Human Resources induction web page

Leave of absence
All staff must submit an on-line application for either recreation or personal (sick) leave and all other types of leave (special leave, family responsibility and long service leave), via the myHR system (link via myUniSA site on UniSA Homepage). ALL applications must be sent to Madelene Pierce in the first instance (not your line manager/supervisor). 

For professional staff utilising flexitime, a leave form must be completed. Once this form has been signed by your immediate supervisor, please forward it to Madelene Pierce.

Performance management
This is conducted as per the University's performance management scheme, with the minimum of an annual performance review meeting with your line supervisor. Prior to this meeting, each staff member must complete a Performance Review and Development Plan which provides the foundation for discussions. Templates are available for Wark research academic staff and professional staff.

Organisational charts, including line supervisors, are also available for Wark research academic staff and professional staff.

Please refer to the UniSA superannuation web page. Any queries regarding superannuation should be forwarded to the UniSA superannuation office.

All staff have access to their personal information on the UniSAinfo staff portal section.  This includes recreation, sick and long service leave balances.