Dr Marta Krasowska
Tel: +61 8 8302 6861
Fax: +61 8 8302 3683
MSc Maria Curie Sklodowska, Poland PhD Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
Marta is a physical chemist with special interest in interfacial phenomena. Her MSc project was dedicated to the adhesion phenomena. In 2002 Marta obtained her Masters Degree from Maria Curie Sklodowska University in Lublin and started PhD studies at the Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences in Krakow. Her PhD project involved studies of factors affecting wetting film rupture and three phase contact formation during bubble collision with various solids. In 2004 Marta applied and won a grant from State Committee for Scientific Research as a supplementary support to her PhD research. She joined The Wark in 2007 as a Research Associate within the Australian Mineral Science Research Institute (AMSRI).
Marta's research is focused on the studies of bubble-particle interactions. Using AFM she measures forces acting across the wetting film in-between colloid probe and the bubble. She studies the influence of hydrophobicity, heterogeneity and surface charge of the solid and also solution composition on the particle-bubble attachment.
Supervisor - Available Postgraduate/Honours Projects
Forces across thin liquid film
1. M. Krasowska, K. Malysa 'Wetting Films in Attachment of the colliding bubble', Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, available on line 1st May 2007
2. M. Krasowska, M. Kolasinska, P. Warszynski, K. Malysa 'Influence of polyelectrolyte layers deposited on mica surface on wetting and bubble attachment', J. Phys. Chem. C: 111,15 (2007) 5743-5749
3. M. Krasowska, R. Krastev, M. Rogalski, K. Malysa 'Air facilitated three phase contact formation at hydrophobic solid surfaces under dynamic conditions' Langmuir, 23, 2 (2007) 549-557
4. M. Krasowska, K. Malysa 'Kinetics of bubble collision and attachment to hydrophobic solids: I. effect of surface roughness', International Journal of Mineral Processing, 81 (2007) 205-216
5. M. Krasowska, K. Terpilowski, E. Chibowski, K. Malysa 'Apparent contact angles and time of the three phase contact formation by the bubbles colliding with Teflon surfaces of different roughness' Physicochemical Problems of Mineral Processing, 40 (2006) 293-306.
6. M. Krasowska, E. Hristova, Khr. Khristov, K. Malysa, D. Exerowa 'Isoelectric state and stability of foam films, bubbles and foams from PEO-PPO-PEO triblock copolymer (P-85)', Colloid and Polymer Science, 284, 5 (2006) 475-481.
7. Khr. Khristov, M. Krasowska, K. Malysa, D. Exerowa, 'Foams from ABA triblock polymers: liquid content and drainage under dynamic and static conditions', Bulgarian Chemical Communications, 37, 3 (2005) 166-172.
8. M. Krasowska, K. Malysa 'Time scale of the three-phase contact formation by the bubble colliding with hydrophobic surface in n-pentanol and n-octanol solutions' Physicochemical Problems of Mineral Processing, 39 (2005) 21-32.
9. K. Malysa, M. Krasowska, M. Krzan 'Influence of surface active substances on bubble motion and collision with various interfaces' Advances in Colloid and Interface Science 114-115 (2005) 205-225.
10. M. Krasowska, M. Krzan, K. Malysa 'Bubble collisions with hydrophobic and hydrophilic surfaces in α-terpineol solutions', Physicochemical Problems of Mineral Processing, 37 (2003) 37-50.
11. M. Krasowska, M. Krzan, K. Malysa 'Bubble bouncing and shape pulsation in n-pentanol and α-terpineol solutions at liquid/solid interfaces' Annals of the Polish Chemical Society, 2 (2003) 1109-1112.
12. W. Wojcik, B. Janczuk, M. Krasowska 'Adhesion between silica particles in an alcohol medium', Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, 17,14 (2003) 1945-1956.
13. M. Krasowska, B. Janczuk, W. Wojcik 'Theoretical aspects of adhesion phenomena' Wiadomości Chemiczne, 57,3-4 (2003) 155-184 (in polish).
1. M. Krasowska, K. Malysa 'Influence of surface roughness on the time-scale of the three phase contact formation by the bubble colliding with hydrophobic solids', Proceedings of the 6th UBC-McGill Bi Annual International Symposium of Fundamentals of Mineral Processing, 2006, Montreal, Canada. 'Interfacial Phenomena in Fine Particle Technology', editors: Z. Xu, Q. Liu (2006) 327-342.
2. M. Krzan, J. Zawala, M. Krasowska, K. Malysa 'Bubble motion as a method of detection of organic contaminations in water' ' OILS&ENVIROINMET (2005) editors: J. Hupka, R. Aranowski, ISBN 83-914495-1-3 (2005) 170-177.
3. M. Krasowska, K. Malysa 'Role of gas presence a t hydrophobic solid surface in formation of the three-phase contact' ' Surfactants and Dispersed Systems in Theory and Practice (2005) editor: K.A. Wilk, ISBN 83-920032-3-3 (2005) 119-124.
4. M. Krzan, J. Zawala, M. Krasowska, K. Malysa 'Inducement of the dynamic structures at liquid/gas interface, acceleration and velocity of the detaching bubble' ' Surfactants and Dispersed Systems in Theory and Practice (2005) editor: K.A. Wilk, ISBN 83-920032-3-3 (2005) 115-118.
5. M. Krasowska, M. Krzan, K. Malysa 'Frother Inducement of the Bubble Attachment to Hydrophobic Solid Surface', Proceedings of the 5th UBC-McGill Bi-Annual International Symposium of Fundamentals of Mineral Processing, 2004, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. 'Particle Size Enlargement in Mineral Processing' , editor: J.S. Laskowski (2004) 121-135.
6. M. Krasowska, M. Krzan, K. Lunkenheimer, K. Malysa 'Influence of n-pentanol concentration on the buble pulsation and bouncing' ' Surfactants and Dispersed Systems in Theory and Practice (2003) editor: K.A. Wilk, ISBN 83-7085-701-9 (2003) 241-245.