The Student Liaison Officers are the first point of contact for Secondary School Career Counsellors, keeping them up-to-date with the latest on programs and publications through meetings, newsletters and emails throughout the year.
The Officers also work closely with Divisional Marketing and Alumni Officers to maintain a cohesive marketing face and develop new strategies.
Student Liaison Activities
The Student Liaison Officers provide the following services to schools:
- Orientation visits for year 11 and 12 students
- Visits to schools to give presentations about UniSA
- Coordination and attendance at Career and Parent evenings
- Campus tours across all UniSA campuses
- Coordination of the Student Ambassadors program for UniSA
The Student Liaison Officers also represent UniSA in the SATAC Rural Tours which are aimed at encouraging students living in rural and remote areas to consider tertiary study. These 2-5 day trips are conducted with representatives from Adelaide and Flinders universities, and are a chance for the team to directly communicate with prospective students. Almost all of rural SA is covered, as well as Darwin, Alice Springs, Broken Hill and some country areas of Victoria.
Every year, the Officers host a Career Counsellor Information Session where counsellors are invited to the University to hear about new programs, receive updates and discuss issues with academics.
For marketing staff at UniSA, you can access the Student Liaison Calendar to find out what the DSR Team are doing this year.
Part of the Student Liaison team's role is to visit schools to promote UniSA programs and courses. The team aims to be as prepared as possible by equipping themselves with the latest information on programs, courses and other offerings.
Important items taken on each visit include:
- Introduction to Undergraduate Studies brochure
- Undergraduate handbooks
- Program brochures
- Bonus Points at UniSA brochures
- University Accommodation brochures
- Undergraduate Scholarship brochures
- Presentation on UniSA overheads
- Any specific program material required
Please contact the Student Liaison Team should you require any further information.