Facts about UniSA
- The University of South Australia was founded in 1991.
- With an annual turnover of about $480 million UniSA is an
innovative, modern university dedicated to quality research and
- It offers more than 300 degree programs from diploma to
- It has four divisions - Health Sciences; Education, Arts and
Social Sciences; Information Technology Engineering and the
Environment; and Business.
- The University has
six research institutes and is a partner in
eight national Cooperative Research Centres and hosts 17 research centres.
- UniSA's student population is about 37,000.
- UniSA is one of the state's largest employers with more than
- UniSA has four metropolitan campuses - City West, City East,
Mawson Lakes, Magill - and two regional campuses in Whyalla and Mount Gambier.
- UniSA has the largest international university student
population in South Australia with about 6000 students studying in
Adelaide and another 6000 studying UniSA programs in Asia.
- It is the only University in South Australia offering undergraduate degree
programs in Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Podiatry,
Medical Radiation, Civil Aviation, Journalism, Property, Human
Movement, Construction Management, Occupational Therapy, Visual Arts, Visual Communication, Product Design, Public Relations, Professional Writing and Urban Planning.
- The Vice Chancellor is
Professor David Lloyd and the Chancellor is
Dr Ian Gould.