How we operate
- Document Services operates on a full cost recovery basis. Our
organisation does not receive any additional funding from the University.
Any profit which we accrue is returned to the university.
- Our 20+ staff members are all employees of the University. Our staff
understand the special printing requirements of the University, and
have many years of experience in this area. We employ people with specialist skills and expertise
to help strengthen our team. which comprises specialist sales
and customer support staff, a graphic arts professional and experienced pre-press and
- During our peak production periods we offer casual employment wherever possible to staff drawn from
the ranks of our own UniSA students.
- In January 2001 our business was significantly and successfully restructured to improve the focus on the services we provide and how
those services are provided.
We strive for best possible quality and continuous improvement to our
feedback you can give us is welcome,
and will be used to help to improve the services we deliver. Please send
an email with your suggestion to
- We employ a fully qualified Senior Graphic Designer who administers
our fully equipped Graphic Design area. This allows us to offer our
clients a full range of professional services for all printing and
graphics design requirements.
- Document Services is the only Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) approved printer of copyright material, for the University of South Australia.
We work closely with the UniSA Copyright Officer and with the
Management Centre (DRS) to ensure compliance with current copyright
regulations for both Printed and Digital materials. By printing with us
you can ensure that you are complying with Copyright regulations and
significantly reduce financial risk to the University which could
result through non-compliance.
- Printing carried out with Document Services also ensures that
associated printing expenditure stays within the University and
is not expended externally.