Using the Monitor System
Adding funds to your account:
- It is strongly recommended that you do NOT add large amounts of
money to MONITOR accounts associated with either Casual User cards or
UniSA Student ID Cards. Add ONLY sufficient for your
immediate photocopying needs.
- Before you add value to your Monitor account, ensure that the "Add
Value" transaction which might still be "open" from the previous user
- Be especially careful if you are using the AutoLoader
immediately following use by another student.
- Failure to do this could
result in YOUR funds being added to the PREVIOUS USER's Monitor
- Cash refunds from unused funds held in Monitor Accounts are NOT
AVAILABLE under ANY circumstances.
FINISH button on AutoLoaders:
- When you have finished a photocopying session ALWAYS press the
blue FINISH button on the swipe card reader.
- This will "close off"
your photocopying session on the card you have been using.
- CAUTION -
IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, the session "stays open" for a period of up to
30 seconds before it is automatically "timed out" if no activity
- During this time, anybody else who starts to use the
photocopier will have access to YOUR "open" session, and will be able
to make unauthorised use of any funds remaining on YOUR photocopying
FINISH button on Photocopier Swipe Card Readers
- For similar reasons, ALWAYS ensure that you press the "finish"
button on the AutoLoader when you have finished adding value to your
card using coins or notes.
- This ensures that the "Add Value"
transaction is completed expeditiously and that you card is available
for use when you come to use it.
TIMEOUT whilst photocopying
- Whilst you are using the photocopier, you may find that you need
to re-swipe your card after periods of inactivity - eg whilst you are
organising which pages to photocopy next.
- This is because of the need
to "time-out" sessions to help protect unauthorised access to funds in
Monitor photocopying accounts if / when students forget to expicilty
"close" a session by pressing the "Finish" button. (see previous 2
BUYING a Casual User Card from an AutoLoader
- Always follow the "Buy Card" instructions carefully if you intend
to purchase a new "Casual User" photocopying card from the AutoLoader.
- The most common error due to incorrect use results in $2 being added
to the card belonging to the PREVIOUS user of the AutoLoader.
- The LARGE AutoLoaders issue receipts for both "Add Value" and "Buy
- The TYPE of transaction just completed is printed
across the top of each receipt. Receipts should be kept as a record of
your AutoLoader transactions.
- You will be asked to produce the corresponding receipt in the
event of any query.