- Prof Andrew Parfitt (Chair, NPEG)
National Partnerships Engagement Group
Please note that NPEG is no longer a current meeting group.
The National Partnerships Engagement Group (NPEG) was initiated in 2006 for the purpose of providing advice to the Deputy Vice Chancellor and Vice President: Research and Innovation (DVC: R&I) on UniSA's participation in CRCs, to evaluate the benefits of CRC bids during selection rounds and to report periodically to the DVC: R&I on the performance of CRCs in which UniSA is a participant.
In 2008 the NPEG aims to provide a clear interface between the University and CRCs. This will make it easier for CRCs to interact with the University as well as for University staff to engage with CRCs. This will be achieved through a CRC One-Stop-Shop incorporating a website, quick guides to CRCs and presentations to relevant sections of the University. The group will also have input into new CRC bids. The group will monitor the return on investment in CRCs and provide advice to the DVC: R&I regarding strategies to improve the return on investment.
Terms of reference
- To provide advice to the DVC: R&I on UniSA's participation in external collaborative partnerships, including Cooperative Research Centres (CRC).
- To evaluate the benefits of external engagement and national
collaborative partnerships bids during selection rounds and provide
advice to the DVC: R&I on:
- Alignment of the bids with UniSA's research profile
- Risk and exposure of UniSA due to proposed participation
- Recommended level of investment in light of anticipated return on investment
- Recommend Central funding for bid preparation.
- To report periodically to the DVC R&I on the performance of external
engagement and national collaborative partnerships in which UniSA is a
participant in by:
- Reviewing annual reports and financial statements
- Quantifying current and projected return on investment
- Identifying risk factors based on the research and commercialisation activities
- Reviewing and recommending UniSA participation on external engagement and collaboration activities, Management Teams and in participant Meetings
- Receiving an annual review of participation from the designated UniSA leader associated with each activity.
- Professor Andrew Parfitt (Chair)
- Director, Research & Innovation Services
- Professor Allan Evans
- Professor Ravi Naidu
- Associate Professor Peter Murphy
- Ms Annie Campbell
- Mr Bruce Perkin
- Dr Bruce Chadwick
- Dr Collette Snowden
- Ms Janet Dibb-Leigh
- Associate Professor Kutluyil Dogancay
- Executive Officer: Sarah Collyer-Braham