- UniSA Framework for the Responsible Conduct of Research
- Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research
Guidelines for Evaluation Activities - including UniSA Students and Staff
The following document provides guidelines for evaluation activities involving students or staff at UniSA. For the purpose of these guidelines, 'evaluation activities' may include methods such as surveys or focus groups and are often related to teaching and learning or the student experience. They include corporate evaluation instruments used to evaluate courses, programs, teachers or University products or services.
The following principles should be considered when determining whether or not it is necessary to apply for formal ethics approval for an evaluation activity:
- Evaluation which is conducted solely for the purpose of internal quality assurance, and which will not be published or presented externally, does not require formal ethics approval
- Evaluation data gathered internally may be included in external publications and presentations without formal ethics approval provided:
- The data was gathered on-line or in writing;
- The responses were provided voluntarily;
- The anonymity of the respondents is maintained; and
- Respondents were advised of the possibility that the data could be used for evaluation purposes. Suggested statement: Data collected through this survey will be used to inform improvements at UniSA and could also be used in external publications and presentations. Individual responses will remain confidential and no individuals will be identified.