- UniSA Framework for the Responsible Conduct of Research
- Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research
Permission to recruit UniSA staff/students as participants
The University strives to preserve the privacy of its staff and students and maintain confidentiality of data and other information held by the University. The University aims to protect its staff and students from unsolicited emails and minimise staff and students being over-researched. The University therefore discourages the recruitment of its staff and students and the collection of data and other information for research purposes unless the nature of the research is beneficial to the University and/or staff and students. The University also discourages the use of email as the method of recruitment of its staff and students for research purposes.
Note that formal ethics approval for projects involving access to UniSA staff, students or data means only that there are no ethical objections to that project. It does not mean that the researcher has permission to access UniSA staff, students or data.
Final ethics approval must be obtained from the UniSA HREC before seeking permission to access research participants (through the appropriate University manager), unless advised otherwise.
Approval to access University of South Australia staff, students or data for research purposes should be sought in the following ways:
- For access to staff or students in one school, permission should be sought from the Head of School.
- For access to staff or students in more than one school within the same Division, permission should be sought from the Pro Vice Chancellor and Vice President of that Division.
- For access to staff or students within different Divisions and/or for staff within Administrative Units of the University, permission must be sought from the Pro Vice Chancellor and Vice President of each Division and/or the relevant Unit Director.
- Permission to access information held in university databases must be sought from the relevant Senior Manager who will consult with the appropriate Unit Director.
- Placement of recruitment material through the staff portal is not permitted. However the Student Portal remains an option provided the relevant Pro Vice Chancellor's approval has been gained and permission has also been gained from the Student Portal Manager (SAS).