UA-DAAD: Australia Germany Joint Cooperation Scheme
Please check this webpage regularly for updates.
|Australia - Germany Joint Research Cooperation Scheme|
|Funder:||Universities Australia and DAAD|
|Aims:||The Australia-Germany Joint Research Co-operation Scheme is a joint
initiative of Universities Australia and the German Academic Exchange Service
(DAAD), Germany's national agency for the support of international academic
The aim is to foster research collaboration of the highest quality between Australian researchers from Universities Australia member universities and German researchers from German universities and research institutes.
The scheme will support exchanges for Australian researchers to spend time at partner institutions in Germany and for collaborating German researchers to spend time at Australian universities. Researchers must be working on a joint research project with their German counterparts, rather than simply furthering their own individual research in Germany.
The support of early career researchers and junior scholars is a significant focus of this scheme.
|Funding:||The maximum amount of funding available per Australian application is AUD $12,500 per year.
The maximum period of funding for a project under this scheme is two years.
|Key eligibility information:||Australian applicants must be:
1. Employed as an academic staff member in a teaching and research or research only role at the Australian university administering the application and with a contract at that university that is valid for the duration of the relevant funding period; or
2. Enrolled for the duration of the relevant funding period as a PhD or Research Masters student at the Australian university administering the application and part of a research project application submitted by an eligible staff member at that same university.
Proposals must provide opportunities for exchanges between early career researchers, although it is not compulsory to be an ECR to apply.
|Key Dates||Applications open:||4 April 2017|
|External Closing Date:||16 June 2017
|Announcement of award:||November 2017|
1. Consult with your Head of School or Director
of Institute before preparing your application.
2. Submit your completed application to Research.Development@unisa.edu.au by the due date.
3. Ensure that your German Collaborator has submitted their application by the due date to DAAD in Germany, and secure form them their application ID for use on your submission.
4. After submission, applications will be subject to review and ranking by a panel, coordinated by Research and Innovation Services.
5. Applications will be forwarded to Universities Australia for consideration.
|Further Information and resources for applicants:||Universities Australia Webpage: Australia - Germany Joint Research Cooperation Scheme|
|Key Contacts:||email@example.com (ext 25761)|