Starting your research degree
Listed below are links to key information and some useful tips to help you get started as a research degree student.
First steps in your studies
- Visit induction for new students, first weeks and beyond for an overview of activities to join your first year.
- Attend the Induction Program for new higher degree by research students. These compulsory sessions provide key information and also give you the opportunity to network with staff and other students.
- Register for Research Education Support Activities (RESA) and put the dates in your diary/calendar. Workshops are offered across all discipline areas.
Key UniSA websites
- Research degree students - particularly note the Life cycle of a student and Milestones in your degree sections.
- Workshops and resources - links to all Research Education Support Activities (RESA)
- Library resources for New Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students - find out how to:
- Manage references electronically
- Use the catalogue to find examples of proposals and theses (type in your discipline area/at refine your results: location, click on 'more', and then HDR eProposals Collection or eThesis.
- Settling into Adelaide - if you are an interstate or international student this site provides useful information about accommodation, changing address, climate, costs, food, getting around and more.
- Find out who are the important contacts for you.