Jump to Content

< back

What happens to my CoE and student visa once I submit my thesis for examination?

Return to: AskGRC (Graduate Research Centre)

International student visa holders only

Once you submit your thesis, your CoE and student visa remain active for their duration. If your visa is about to expire and you wish to apply for a new one, please contact the Research Examinations team in Student and Academic Services (SAS) for a letter to be supplied to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship for this purpose. A new CoE should not be required, but if so please contact Student and Academic Services.

From 5 November 2011, student visas for research degree students are issued for an extra six months (beyond your program end date) to allow for interactive thesis-marking so a new CoE and student visa should no longer be required.