Jump to Content

< back

What should I do if my student visa expires before my graduation ceremony?

Return to: AskGRC (Graduate Research Centre)

International student visa holders only

Government regulations provide that you cannot remain in Australia if your student visa has or will expire prior to your graduation date.

To attend a graduation ceremony, you can apply for another form of visa however please note that this may affect any future visa applications you make. For further information, contact the Department of Immigration and Citizenship or a registered migration agent