Frequently Asked Questions (student visa holders)
Return to FAQ homepage
Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- What happens to my CoE and student visa once I submit my thesis for examination?
- In what circumstances will my CoE be cancelled?
- How long do I have to complete my program?
- What happens if I cannot complete my program within the required time?
- How will my academic progress be assessed?
Changes to your candidature
- Can I take leave of absence from my program?
- Can I change my load or mode of study?
- Can I undertake study away from the University?
- Can I change my program?
- I wish to withdraw from my program. What should I do?
Visa and other residency queries
- Who can I ask about permanent residency or other migration issues?
- What should I do if my student visa expires before my graduation ceremony?
- What are the conditions of my student visa?
Overseas student health cover – the
questions in this site apply to research degree
international students except for:
- Where and when do I pay?
- What if I already have health cover?
- When and where do I renew my health cover?
- How will I receive important information regarding my studies?
- Who should I advise of any change of contact details?