Welcome to the University's wellbeing website.
This website provides information, resources and UniSA initiatives that support staff wellbeing. Initiatives are summarised under myBenefits.
Staff wellbeing is a priority in UniSA's Safety and Wellbeing Strategic Plan 2016-2018. In particular, there is a focus on creating a workplace and learning environment that supports and nurtures the mental wellbeing of our staff and students so that they can thrive and perform at their best.
Your wellbeing is influenced by:
- Relationships - having positive and supportive relationships in your life
- Mental - dealing with life's challenges and participating fully in life
- Physical - being in good health and having enough energy
- Career - liking and engaging in what you do each day
- Financial - being satisfied with your standard of living
- Community - sharing a common purpose and engaging with those around you
However, your wellbeing is not just impacted by how these elements fare individually, but more importantly by how these six elements interact.
These elements are important to everyone's overall wellbeing and an individual's wellbeing is shaped by the collective condition of all of them. However, the weighting of each element and how it impacts overall wellbeing will be different for each person.
If you would like to get involved in wellbeing initiatives in your local area, have a look at the UniSA wellbeing initiatives for the wellbeing element that interests you on this website, or contact your divisional WHS contact or local HR representative. For more information about the UniSA wellbeing program, please contact the Wellbeing Team.