This content is designed for staff. Students should visit Campus Central for assistance with any aspect of student administration.
Student and Academic Services (SAS) is the University's central unit responsible for the management and coordination of a wide range of student and academic administrative functions.
SAS activities encompass:
- coordinating University-wide student administration - from admission to graduation
- managing the University framework for Academic policies
- developing and maintaining student records and related information
- providing services and assistance to students through Campus Central
- providing information and analysis to staff on issues relating to student and academic administration
Our mission statement is: "To provide professional advice and expertise in academic and student administration. Through partnerships with our stakeholders, SAS delivers measurable, high quality outcomes. SAS service standards focus on continuous improvement and delivering an outstanding student experience."
SAS is made up of the following eight teams:
- Campus Central
- Academic Policy and Projects
- Admissions, Programs, and Timetabling
- Information Services and Reporting
- Exams, Results, and Scholarships
- Graduations and Records
- Student Finance and Enrolment
- Unit Services
For an overview of the key functional areas and service outcomes of each team, and a summary of key performance indicators from the 2012 strategic plan, please see our Operational teams and current priorities 2012 (PDF 549KB - staff access only - download Adobe Reader). You can also see illustration of our structure, including the staff name and position, in the SAS Organisational chart (PDF 40KB- download Adobe Reader).