University of South Australia Scholarship for Student Leadership
The University of South Australia Scholarship for Student Leadership is available for students who are interested in undertaking specified activities with the aim of enhancing the overall student experience at UniSA. Students who are successful will have a unique opportunity to contribute to UniSA's mission to provide an outstanding student experience and develop excellent employability and leadership skills.
Successful recipients will need to show initiative and demonstrate the ability to work autonomously. Engaging in these activities also requires excellent communication skills and a high level of customer service. Previous experience in the planning, promotion and delivery of events and knowledge of club structures is an advantage. The specified activities will be carried out in conjunction with the Student Experience team and Student Experience Support Officers (or equivalent) on their home campus.
Key activities related to this scholarship include:
- Promotion of student experience activities to students, including the distribution of promotional materials on campus.
- Creation and promotion of Student Experience activities on campus through Social Media outlets (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) as well as creating online content (e.g. blogging, articles, photography).
- Gathering feedback and distributing surveys to students on campus related to student experience activities.
Value: $7000 for a full year (or equivalent), up to two years. Student will be expected to average 10 hours per week completing student experience tasks during study periods.
Please note that scholarship recipients enrolled full time at the University are likely to receive this scholarship exempt from tax. Part time students are not able to access this tax concession. UniSA cannot advise the tax implications of receiving this scholarship, and successful applicants should seek personal taxation advice. The Australian Taxation Office provides some guidance through a Scholarship Decision Tool. To access their website - click here
For more information about the application process, please
UniSA Scholarships Office
Tel: 08 8302 1732 or 08 8302 1762
For more information about the specified activities, please
City West: Student Experience 8302 0533
City East: Jessica Sanderson 8302 1331
Mt. Gambier: Student Experience 8302 0533
Whyalla: Student Experience 8302 0533
Students are eligible to apply for a University of South Australia Scholarship for Student Leaders if they meet all the following criteria:
- Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia, or International Student Visa holder
- enrolled internally in an undergraduate program or postgraduate program at UniSA
- commencing or continuing student
- full-time or part-time study load
- available to participate in UniSA activities to an average of 10hrs/week, possibly outside normal business hours, during the academic year
Applicants will be required to provide a cover letter, resume including names and contact details of two referees, and a 500-word response to the question: What is the best way for UniSA to engage students in non-academic activities?
Short-listed applicants will be invited to participate in a group interview.
Successful recipients will be subject to six monthly review based on the active participation in university activities. This review will be completed by the Student Experience team in conjunction with the Student Experience Support Officers.
Scholarships will be available for the following campuses. Applicants will only be accepted if one of the following campus is their main campus for study.
- City West
- City East
- Mt. Gambier
Please read the full Terms and Conditions before you apply.
The University of South Australia Scholarship for Student Leadership will be open for online application once a year. Applications can be lodged via my Scholarships in the student portal.
myScholarships can be accessed by:
- using the URL: https://my.unisa.edu.au/Student/SCMS/Home.aspx, or
- by logging into my UniSA Student Portal and navigating to 'my Current Studies', then selecting the link to 'my Scholarships' displayed on the right hand side of the page.
Please note: Scholarships and Grants are subject to change and are awarded based on conditions current at the time of award.