The course outline is issued to students in advance of their course commencement. It provides all information about a course including objectives, assessment requirements, text books, teaching staff and a course calendar. The course outline includes relevant legislative requirements and University policies that must be communicated to students in relation to undertaking their course.
The process of creating a course outline was streamlined with implementation of the Course Outline online system at the beginning of 2012. Course Coordinators can now login to the Web-based system and create their course outlines. A large proportion of the document is pre-filled with approved data from the Program and Course Management System (PCMS) other section can be edited by the Course Coordinator and tailored for a specific course offering. Features of the system include:
- an intuitive interface for easy navigation
- a wizard driven creation process
- pre-populated fields with approved information from the PCMS
- quick-copy of previous course outlines for future offerings
- automatic publication to the learnonline course site
- direct submission to Document Services for printing.