Accessing the corporate web server
Follow the steps on this page to gain access to the corporate web server.
If you are a staff member and you would like to gain authoring access to maintain an existing site you will need to fulfil the following three prerequisites before requesting access via the web access form.
1. Microsoft SharePoint Designer knowledge
You will need SharePoint Designer or HTML training. See Learning SharePoint Designer for further details on how to receive this training.
2. Corporate web templates and tools, and online accessibility knowledge
Online training is provided in the use of corporate web templates and
associated tools such as the menu editor, publishing and form conversion
tools. Online accessibility of the W3C priority 1 and 2 guidelines is also
incorporated into this training.
More information about training.
Individuals need to obtain authorisation from the relevant Pro Vice Chancellor, Unit Director/Manager, Research Leader or their nominees.
Staff members who wish students or private contractors to author websites should have them fill in the same form. Remember that only University staff can author websites - students and contractors will first need to be given a Staff logon.
Staff members of organisations involved in joint ventures with the University can also be granted write access. However, by law only members of organisations involved in joint ventures relating to the University's teaching or administrative activities are permitted to obtain write access.
Note: All authors will need to have successfully completed the Skills assessment (staff access only) before completing the web access form. You will not need to repeat the test when applying for subsequent access.
- Web access form (Links to SharePoint site)
After the Web access form has been submitted, you will be contacted by a member of the corporate web team with details of your access.
1. Authoring by non-UniSA staff - without access to the UniSA server
If a non-UniSA staff is updating a UniSA website without gaining access to the UniSA server, he/she needs to author the webpages following UniSA's accessibility guidelines, email them to a UniSA staff member who has access to the website for uploading and publishing.
2. Authoring by non-UniSA staff - with access to the UniSA server
If an area of the University requires access for a non-UniSA staff member to create a new website or update an existing website on the UniSA server, the following steps need to be taken:
- Before being given access, the non-UniSA staff member needs to be trained in the use of the corporate web templates.
- Apply through ISTS for a UniSA network account for the contractor by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the name of the contractor, the new/existing website, including the url of the website.
- Apply for access to the website by filling and submitting a web access form (SharePoint site). After the web access form has been submitted, the area will be contacted by a member of the corporate web team with details of access for the contractor.