UniSA Web Authoring Guide (WAG)
w3 vs CMS
The UniSA Corporate website (externally focused web content) is now maintained and edited in the EPiSERVER content management system (CMS).
- Please refer to the CMS Quick Guide for web authoring assistance in the new environment.
- For access to the CMS environment, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the website you require access to, your unit/division/school, campus and the approving manager.
The old environment is now referred to as the 'w3 environment' which houses internally focused web content. For assistance in authoring in the w3 environment, please continue to refer to this online guide.
Purpose of this guide (w3 environment)
This guide aims to help new and existing web authors work in the w3 authoring environment. It incorporates a style and user guide into one framework outlining the policies behind web authoring, the design structure of the w3 corporate web and procedures for authoring in this medium.
The guide assumes that authors have had some training in FrontPage or SharePoint Designer (preferred) and using the templates, and therefore provides instructions to using the authoring tools developed specifically for the UniSA w3 corporate website.
While you may have been authoring for some time, you will need to refer to most sections of this guide in the w3 authoring environment. Following is a summary of what each section contains
- How to author webpages contains 'hands on' instructions outlining and explaining how to use the authoring tools to maintain your site
- Website maintenance outlines what steps to take to keep your website up-to-date
- FAQs answers your questions on web authoring
- Web glossary is a useful reference for terms commonly used in the guide
- Web resources directs you to web pages for development of your web skills